Bow Fail and More
Hi Everybody! (said in Dr. Nick voice,…hemahem….from the Simpsons)
So I’ve been working on crap and saying to myself,… I need to update my SITE!!! I have been slowly working on my Mio dress. Yeah, remember how, a few posts ago, I said, “What if I could get it done in a week?!” HA HA HA HA HA….. Silly me.
So I just wanted to share with you a few photos of my Bow Fail. Yup that’s right. I’m not too happy with how my big bow turned out (for the back of the dress). I did make another test bow which turned out nice, before I got to the real fabric. This is how it should look:
Now granted, it didn’t turn out completely awful, but since I probably won’t use it and start over, it’s considered a Fail in my book! The bow doesn’t look too bad when you look at the dress from behind, but from the front it looks stiff and hollow. Well here are some progress photos, because I will keep some of the same procedure going, but not use the interfacing. The interfacing is nice because it keeps it somewhat stiff, but when you iron it onto this particular fabric, it causes these awful wrinkles. The fabric doesn’t like a hot hot iron, but that’s what it took to get the interfacing to really stick. I also cut out the fabric way too big at first so cut it down. SO…here are some pics of the progress and what I am calling the belt, which is going fine.